Basic Skill Programme on Financial Markets
The Basic Skill Programme on Financial Markets (BSPFM) is an introductory level programme intended for anyone entering into a career in the financial markets.
The programme is intended to provide ‘breadth of knowledge’ to make it relevant to people pursuing careers in the front office, middle office and operations areas. The syllabus content places an even emphasis on introducing and explaining the key concepts of each subject area to develop candidates’ practical knowledge and skill sets.
By completing the programme you will understand:
- The key players in the financial markets including issuers, investors and intermediaries
- The interaction between cash and derivative markets
- The key features of both equity and debt products
- The structure of the FX market
Who should study the programme?
- The qualification is relevant to a wide range of job functions and areas; anyone who would benefit from an understanding of financial markets, participants and products – and how they all come together.
- Candidates come from organisations involved in both the sell-side and buy-side of the industry plus insurance, accounting, IT firms supporting the industry and the financial press.
- The syllabus does not assume any prior study or work experience other than a general knowledge of mathematics such as basic algebra and statistics.
- Lectures 3
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 30 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes